Cape Town Accommodation – Plumtree Cottages
PLUMTREE COTTAGES comprise two self-catering cottages set in a secluded, leafy garden at the end of a cul-de-sac overlooking a stream in historic and picturesque Newlands Village. Both have private entrances and spaces, with beautiful mountain views.
STREAMSIDE accommodates two people in a kingsize or two single beds. It is open plan and has a bedroom area with generous cupboards; an en-suite bathroom (shower); a fully equipped kitchenette and a lounge area which leads onto a patio overlooking the stream. Another patio under the vines looks into the garden. Both patios have tables and chairs where you can relax and enjoy your meals.
POOLSIDE leads off the secluded pool garden. It comprises a lounge with a fully equipped kitchenette; a bedroom with a queen size bed and an en-suite bathroom (bath and shower). There is a pullout sofa in the lounge and a patio off the lounge in the pool garden. Here there is a table with chairs under the plum tree where you can enjoy meals. There are also comfortable loungers in the garden offering a beautiful view of the mountain.
- swimming pool in pretty garden
- secure garage parking with direct access to the garden
- satellite television ( DSTV)
- wi-fi internet access and telephone
- excellent security
Both Cottages have
- pure cotton sheets and luxurious towels
- swimming towels
- hairdryers and ironing facilities
Plumtree Cottages are within
10 -15 minutes walking distance of
- Newlands cricket and rugby
- Newlands forest
- seven excellent restaurants
- Woollies food shop
- Cavendish Square with shops and cinema
- Melissa’s delicatessen and coffee shop
- SACS Schools
- Montebello Craft Centre
- Vineyard Hotel
- Virgin Gym
Plumtree Cottages are close to
- Kirstenbosch , Rhodes Memorial
- and UCT ( 5 minutes)
- Sports Science Centre ( 5 minutes )
- Claremont Clinic ( 10 minutes )
- the M3 with quick access to
- Cape Town and the Waterfront ( 15 minutes )
- the beaches ( 20 minutes )
- airport ( 15 minutes )
NO SMOKING IS ALLOWED IN THE COTTAGES
- Follow the N2 to Cape Town.
- Take Exit 6 onto the M3 to Kirstenbosch and Muizenberg.
- Take third off ramp, left , into Princess Ann Avenue – M 146.
- Turn right into Newlands Avenue. Go along Newlands Avenue until you reach BP garage on your left.
- Just after BP garage, turn left into Palmboom Road. Go over two speed bumps and turn right into Apple Lane.
- Plumtree Cottages are at the end – No. 6.
Plumtree Cottages Enquiry / Quotation Form
Prue CrosoerEmail Address:
for direct enquiries, bookings, more information
6 Apple Lane
(+27 21) 689 3841
(+27) 84 609 3842
Single from R600
Double: R420 – R450 pppn
Rates are seasonal and dependent on length of stay.
50 % deposit required on confirmation to secure reservation.
Deposit returned if I am able to relet the cottage
Regret no children